Monday, July 13, 2020

Elementary season 1 review

In the first of any random posts for this blog (some are planned, but I don’t yet know what they will be, if you’ll ever see them, or when you might see them), I am going to review the first season of this show for the rest of you to enjoy. It won’t be like how I reviewed episodes like I have in years past. Let’s get to this review in question.

Season 1 overview: We are introduced to Sherlock and Joan Watson in this season. We also get to see the other characters of Thomas Gregson and Marcus Bell. Sadly, there wasn’t much to the other two main characters, at least starting out. We learn more about Sherlock’s addition as things go along and watch Watson go from sober companion to Sherlock’s partner as the season progresses. We also learn more about Irene and who it turns out she really is.

How this season was different from others: This season was largely devoid of recurring storylines that we saw in other seasons, with only his addiction problems and Irene being things that were returned to at some point in time throughout this season and the rest of the show.

What made it good: It was nice to have all of these characters introduced in the way that they were and we saw a lot out of most of them to learn enough about them in the end. We didn’t waste too much time learning about who everyone was in the end nor did we lose too much not knowing what we didn’t know at the time, if at all.

What made it bad: It didn’t seem like there was as much of a recurring storyline this time around like there probably should have been or that we would be used to later. We never learned much about who Tommy was this time around as not much of his character was fleshed out in the future.

More thoughts on it: I was a fan of this show since the first episode, but am unsure yet if I saw all of it at the time or if I missed any of it when it first aired. I don’t think that there is too much else to say about it as we learned a lot and I think that we didn’t lose much of anything on long introductions.


With not much else to say, I will end this post here. I wish that there was more to say, but there is not. I hope that this post wasn’t too hastily written. If you saw random posts on other posts that I do them in, you may wonder if you’ll see posts like that a lot. Well, I will be not be doing that as much in this blog for various reasons. I hope to be back sooner with the next cast update than I was this month. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment