Thursday, July 13, 2023

True to the Game Tyrik Recap

I didn’t do that good a job reviewing this movie the first time I saw it. While I’m unsure if I will ever do another version of a recap, I am pretty sure that this could be an improvement on that post. I’m only largely talking about this one character, but I might as well get this done.

 

We begin with Tyrik hanging out some with Quadir. Not much can be gathered at the time. He is seen at one point in a car. He is later seen with his wife or whoever that is when she is upset at an automatic machine voice operator. There is a lot in this movie that I don’t understand. He is later seen approaching Geena with an offer to get her in a car. She rejects this.

 

Later, when Quadir gets invited to Geena’s house for supper, he brings his wife there with him to eat there with him and Geena’s family. Later, he confronts a woman when two people are murdered. He witnesses this, but I can’t tell much if he is involved with it or not.

 

After this shootout, Tyrik explains to Quadir some of what happened. They killed some people in retaliation of this death. We see Tyrik at other places in this movie that I don’t have in the notes as I was bad at making them.

 

There is another meal that Tyrik joins Quadir and Geena with. Quadir then sends Tyrik to shoo away his ex. Tyrik does this which leaves her with the misimpression at one point that he was going to be with her. Tyrik is called to deal with people being killed at the restaurant where Quadir both works and does a lot of his gang business. (It’s a front, for sure.)

 

After Geena gets kidnapped, Tyrik tries to talk Quadir out of paying a ransom, thinking that Geena is likely dead or that this is a trap to get to him. He doesn’t want to take part in Quadir paying the ransom. Quadir does this to get her back.

 

Tyrik witnesses his wife and Quadir being killed. He takes over the gang banging business, literally, by making moves against those who killed his wife. We only hear about this last thing. We might have seen him in the sequel (which I haven’t seen and am unsure how or if I will) if Nelsen Ellis hadn’t died. That could be a plot point in it with his moves getting him killed or jailed. I don’t think that I’ll know for sure, but I can speculate without seeing it.

 

And that’s it for the last film role of Nelsen Ellis outside of maybe something else that’s a Netflix film that I won’t be able to see any time soon. I can’t think of much else to say in this post so I hope that this recap, which admittedly missed some of his screen time in the movie, is still good and better than my review of the movie. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment