Thursday, July 11, 2019

July 11th 2019’s Episode

Well, when I’m watching this episode, I’ll be missing something that I would have liked to see. Since I have to blog about this show and don’t have much turnaround with it, I won’t be able to either see this episode live or to watch the feed. If I don’t see it live, I’ll have to update this blog on Friday. But I do not really want to do that as I’ve been ignoring my movie watching list from then for quite a while. Plus, I will be missing the live stream on Sunday as well. If you are interested, the LCMS Youth Gathering that I went to in 2007 and 2010 is happening now like it always does in years divisible by three. I have included a link to the live streams in case you are interested in it for the future.


Movie update: On Friday, as usual as of recently, I watched nothing. On Saturday, I watched North by Northwest. I replaced that with Madagascar from Monday’s old list. On Sunday, I watched The Little Mermaid. I couldn’t replace that with a choice from Monday’s old list. So I replaced it with something that my sister made called Decker Family DVD. On Tuesday, I watched Baby Boom. I was able to replace that with Bean: the Movie from Monday’s old list. This means Monday’s list is officially dissolved. On Wednesday, I watched The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh from Sunday’s list. I replaced that with the first Ice Age movie.

The number eight might be harder to multiple by than some other numbers are. But keeping with my theme of doing a video from Schoolhouse Rock in each new blog post this season, well, in honor of the eighth episode of the season, enjoy Figure Eight. You’ll get snippets from Lucky Seven Sampson at the start of this video.


Continuing with the theme of the number eight (my blog today is brought to you by the number 8 and the letter x for some reason), here is the eighth season’s theme song of CSI: Miami. I am planning to add at least one cast member from CSI: Miami to the potential cast updates of this blog, once the show is over and I’m still blogging about it. Meanwhile, the cast of CSI: Miami will also be mentioned some in my CSI: Cyber blog, starting this coming month. I won’t mention the same people in both blogs. Still, if you want to get used to more of what will happen, enjoy another version of this song yet again.


The first act begins with a recap of Mina, the crazy imposter from earlier in an episode I hadn’t reviewed for this blog and am still generally confused by. Marcus brings a suspect into the interrogation room and there’s a big ball there. How they’d get one of Chuck Norris’s testicles in this show? They caught the man in this overall unimportant case.

Sherlock and Watson talk to the fake Mina who they feel got away with the murder of an FBI agent, but not fraud. Cassie is what she calls herself, although she doesn’t know what her real name is. She then says that someone she cared about was murdered and wants them to solve it.

The second act has Watson reading about Heather, the dead friend of Cassie. Sherlock doesn’t think that she is telling the truth. Heather was an old foster mother of Cassie. Sherlock doesn’t think that most of her stories can be confirmed. Whatever went on with Heather, Cassie wants to make sure that this woman has justice. Marcus talks more about the case, but says to be careful regarding her.

Sherlock says what some of the rules and expectations are regarding her stay here with him. Cassie talks to a man who was married to Heather. Sherlock thinks that Heather’s death was just a random act of violence. Her husband thought that she might have been having an affair or, at least, acting suspicious. There was a weird think with work that had gone on, according to her. Sherlock sees two homicide detectives outside the house he was at and they say that the formula that Heather was using was stolen, which might have lead to her death.

The third act has people looking at the five families who might have done racketeering. An agent had been working with Heather in order to take down illegal people. This might have lead to her death when one got wise. Cassie wants to convince Sherlock that she had actually connected with Heather out of all of the people that she knew. Watson thinks that Cassie wanted them to lead her into the game. Sherlock is convinced that there is an agenda that Cassie has.

He checks the halfway house that she lives at right now. She was obsessing with true crime stories. We then see the people on the case talking to a suspect in the case. Cassie talks to Watson about a woman named Pamela who Cassie says is her mother who was impregnated by Sherlock. Watson doesn’t buy this. Cassie thinks that the suspect is innocent due to the gift that was gotten. It was a secret that Heather had liked this sort of gift. Sherlock notices that all of these true crime stories are unsolved, close to where they are, and had humanizing victims. This reveals to him that they are the targets that she was looking for regarding her own agenda.

The fourth act has Cassie talking with Sherlock. He thinks that she wanted a connection. He admits that he didn’t have as good a family growing up as she felt he had. But he still offers her advice. The team thinks that the suspect from earlier is probably in the clear. They still look for more information out of all of the suspects in the cases.

Cassie notices that a guy was likely to steal something based off of footage from a store she is shown. We learn that formula might be taken off of subsidies as a result of the case in question and a vote in favor of or against it might be important as well. Sherlock thinks that he knows who might be the most likely suspect in the case and wants to prevent a crime before it happens. Cassie comes to this man’s place and offers a bribe in exchange for her silence. I can’t ever remember silence.

The fifth act has Sherlock catching Cassie after she went to Leo’s house. Leo got someone to kill Heather and arranged a meeting to get money for her silence. This information is used to catch Leo. So is she a good guy now? Sherlock talks to her about finding out her real name. She can change her own name and be whoever she wants to be now.


On the next Elementary, there was a police dog killed that looked for weed, if I can tell what was there based on the promo. Maybe a woman was killed or just assaulted or maybe the dog was kidnapped. What I know for sure is that I’ll have to see the next episode to know what will happen. Know that the next post will be on Friday so I put another blog on Thursday instead. Then I should be updating this on Thursdays for the rest of this show’s run. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment