Thursday, November 3, 2016

October 30th 2016’s Episode

Hello, my name is Adam Decker and I’m starting a blog about Elementary. Just to be clear, this is a blog about the TV show Elementary. It’s not a blog about elementary school as I am not in elementary school, nor do I have kids, and I don’t teach elementary school either. If I ever do have kids, I might blog about their school life. But we’ll see what happens with that for sure.

You might be wondering how or why I got into this show and why I’ve decided to start a blog about it. Well, I can proudly say that I have been watching this show, for the most part, since the very first episode. Now I haven’t actually seen every episode of the show, but from this point forward, I will do that so I can blog about it.

The reason that I started this blog relates to a different blog about the show Madam Secretary, which airs before this show. There was a football game that was on a slight tape delay and this continued into when the show aired. While I do not think that the delay was that different, it was different enough to put the show on at slightly different times in my region. Since there was two different delays, I decided that the next episode will the official start of the blog, but only if there is no delay on either CBS affiliate of mine. Well, there wasn’t so this will be the official start of the blog. You will see last week’s episode posted later.


When it comes to when I should update this blog, it would be ideal for me to update it when it airs. But I can’t do that. That would work if I were able to live blog this, but I’m not under most circumstances. Now this show used to air on Thursdays, so I might make it so that I update it every Thursday. But that could be a problem come December. I’ll tell you more about that later. I also can’t promise that this blog will be up to date as I tend to get behind with blog posts that I do.

While I will probably be updating my Madam Secretary blog on Sundays, I will probably move posts of this blog to Sundays on days when I can’t do posts on Thursdays. I’m behind on updating that blog, but I’m working on fixing that. Basically, starting from when a new month starts, I will update my Madam Secretary blog every Sunday there is a new episode even though it won’t be about that new episode. Whenever the next Sunday happens where they don’t air a new episode, I’ll still update the blog, but then any future Sundays that month will not have to be covered. Such it will go every month there are new episodes.

With this blog, I will probably start with updating it every Thursday, but since some episodes will be on tape instead of a TV tuner (or watched live), this may not be able to update every Thursday as a result and if for any reason I have to update a different blog on Thursdays (more on that later), then I’ll just wait to update whatever blog I can the next available Thursday or Sunday. Sorry if this is confusing.

Today’s episode is brought to you by no delay. We begin with an associate of Sherlock holding a bowl of water. This is to prove a point regarding a murder that’s being investigated. I can’t gather much from the first scene just yet. We then go to a trashed apartment as a person complains about a mess. We then see something sticking out of a wall which is connected to a weapon from a dead body from the other side of the wall. Pretty weird, but what I'm used to on this show.

Act two has Sherlock and his team investigating the new dead body. We also learn now what Sherlock say his supervising officer dealing with potential award given to them. Watson talks to a woman about part of the case. The team is lead to a cabin where they investigate more of the case.

Act three is when we learn more about a potential asteroid problem being the motive behind the murder. Thus, the team investigates more at a space place. They also find a thumb drive or thingy like it in a wall somewhere that they use for more information relating to the case. It also appears that Watson may have done something bad or been blamed at least for messing with the case in some way.

Act four has Sherlock talking to Watson about the award and he feels that it would only lead to more awards. Watson gives up thinking about that. Sherlock then develops a rash on his arm which he thinks isn’t related to the poison ivy that was at the cabin, but related to the killer.

Act five is when we see Sherlock and Watson track down the guy from the space exhibit who is revealed to be the killer. Sherlock in this series reminds me a lot like Matlock. Anyways Sherlock’s whole squad is celebrated for what all they have done.


On the next Elementary, Sherlock and Watson appear to go after a killer who targets other predators. I wonder if this is like the chess killer whoever person from Hawaii Five-0. I do hope that Hawaii Five-0 does another crossover sometime and this time they can make use of both Danny and Steve since Steve wasn’t available as planned for the one they already did. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Sherlock's associate that you mention in Act One is named Detective Marcus Bell. The show writers have undoubtedly chosen the name Bell as a tribute to Dr. Joseph Bell, the Scottish lecturer at the University of Edinburgh when Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was in attendance. Conan Doyle patterned Sherlock Holmes after the deductive skills that his mentor displayed while diagnosing patients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading the blog! I hope that you liked it. I wasn't sure of his name, but I'll be sure to include it in future blog posts. Was this character in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories or was he originally created for this show?

      Delete
  2. DOCTOR Bell was the major influence for Conan Doyle's creation of Sherlock Holmes. DETECTIVE Bell was created for the show. Inspector Gregson was an important ally of Holmes' in five written adventures, but his counterpart, Inspector Lestrade, appeared in fourteen. Maybe Lestrade just needed a bit more help ;)

    ReplyDelete