Thursday, May 10, 2018

May 6th 2018’s Episode

Since this show is on Mondays, I might as well say what all I watch on Mondays at the moment. Since this will be airing throughout the summer, things might change with what all is on. I watch Kevin Can Wait, Supergirl, The Resident, iZombie, The Crossing, and this show, of course. I don’t know what all I will watch as the schedule changes. I also know that I should get back to the movie updates at some point, but I think that I’ll wait until one of two potential changes have happened before I do that. I hope that I can keep up with this blog well with potential summer vacations and a job with later hours.

Something that will be different for this post (potentially) is that I have a dentist appointment in the morning after this episode airs and will have to work early the day this does air. Hopefully I won’t miss anything and hopefully if I do, I can watch this later online. I guess that we will see what happens for sure later. I could have recording issues that would make me have to watch this online later. At least I have a lot of turnaround for this blog and don’t have to publish it the same day that it airs. I just hope that people aren’t annoyed by things like this.

This show spread a common misconception in the last episode that is very dangerous. You do NOT have to wait 24 hours to report a disappearance on someone and law enforcement will not tell you that they will have to wait that long before doing something. Here’s a link from a UK website that says more about the information. It also applies to the US as well.


I really need to work on doing more time on reading the books that I’m reading. I try to read them on certain days of the week. But I can read it any time and not just those days. Still, I need to get more of this done but between church, work, sleep, writing (this blog and others), TV watching, and various other things, reading doesn’t get that much a priority over other things.

The first act has Watson at the funeral of her father that she didn’t know as well. Now I don’t remember much about the whole thing as I’m pretty sure it was the season before the last one that we were told of Watson’s half sister. I wonder what other long ago things will be suddenly brought up again. A man is walking on the street, talking on a cell phone, when he states that he wasn’t having an affair. Instantly, he is struck by lightning. Sherlock sees the body and thinks that it was man-made lightning. How is the possible? I guess that we’ll see soon.

The second act has more of the investigation. There is some sort of special device that was made that can shoot lightning of sorts at people. There is also missing plutonium. Watson’s father left a message of sorts for her, but not her sister. After learning that the logs for the crawler boss that the Al Bhed had made were erased, Sherlock suspects someone within a certain height range.

A man is brought in for questioning. While you’d think that this is too soon in the episode to be the right person, the man in question confesses to the murder that he did not intent to commit, wanting instead to only knock him out or hospitalize him for a few days. If the murder is solved, what will happen with the rest of the episode? Well, the plutonium is missing and terrorists might have it.

The third act doesn’t have as much in it. Sherlock develops more brain problems and winds up blind for a moment. Watson looks up various traffic footage and notices a delivery truck making a left hand turn, which she finds unusual. I did know that they try to avoid them, but I don’t think that they are always possible to avoid making. They find a dead person who is part of a white supremacist gang. They believe that the dirty bomb they are looking for is in their possession.

The fourth act has more of the letter talks about that Watson threw away. Sherlock found it and thinks that she should read it and that it isn’t him being affected by his schizophrenia. A white supremacist is brought in for questioning and could be lying about what he wanted or didn’t want or use. While at first it seems like a bombing is going to happen, Sherlock thinks that a heist is happening instead.

The fifth act has the gang of people caught. There was a bomb too, but it wasn’t as bad as it otherwise could have been under different circumstances. A guy asks how Sherlock was able to figure out all that he did. This guy gets arrested for having leaked the information about a bomb. Sherlock does a puzzle to try to figure out various brain problems of his. Watson talks to her sister about the letter.


On the next Elementary, there is a case that seems like it will involve old sorts of items. But how will Sherlock solve it when he’s having these brain problems still? I wonder if part of the reason that they did this was to make him even more eccentric. I guess that we’ll find out what happens on Monday and you will see the post about it on Thursday. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment