Sunday, August 18, 2019

August 15th 2019’s Episode

I have no idea what I should be saying about this blog post before the episode airs. I’m a bit worried that it might not be a good ending. If that’s the case, this blog will be replaced by a new one and the next post of it will be the last one. If that’s not the case and I either do like the ending or it is more average and in the middle ground of finales, then this blog will continue the way my CSI: Cyber and Good Wife blogs continued after their respective endings. You’ll see more of what happens in the next post. I also might not waste any time telling you why this blog would be later than Thursday if that’s the case. Know that I might have to abandon watching it in the middle of the episode to continue it later.

Whatever happens in this blog, I’ll have to find a new blog to post links to previous episodes of Madam Secretary in. This will be the last one that I share. I mention watching Farscape in it which I’m watching more of since a friend is letting me borrow the fourth season. I also complain about things airing or not airing against award shows. But I was wrong thinking that only The Golden Globes have regular shows on against it. I also talk about all the Sunday shows that I watch at the time. I’m watching Instinct and am not into Bulletproof having seen it once. I might watch more of To Tell the Truth and Celebrity Family Feud. The shows I was watching on Sundays changed recently.


Movie update: On Friday, I watched Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin.  That was replaced with Rat Race from Saturday’s old list. On Saturday, I watched The Aristocats. I replaced that with The Sound of Music from Saturday’s old list. On Sunday, I had no time to watch movies. On Monday, I watched part of my crossover tape. That will be the last movie update of this blog. I will now be moving these updates to my Madam Secretary blog again.

Let’s recap the choices one last time before the list is moved and changed as a result. Sunday’s list is Bambi, Decker Family DVD, Ice Age, The Lion King 1 ½, Pleasantville, and Shrek 2. The dissolving list is Copacabana and Madagascar. I might keep you updated here by what happens with those two choices. Friday’s list is Adventures in Babysitting, Beauty and the Beast, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Lilo and Stitch, Rat Race, and Titanic. Saturday’s list is Bean: the Movie, the crossover tape that I have of 3 crossovers, Nature Documentaries, The Omega Code, The Princess Bride, and The Sound of Music.

There are two more videos that I want to share in this blog post. I’ll also share another in next week’s one. I share a lot of YouTube videos in most of my blogs. The first one contains a counterpoint to a video that I shared earlier. After sharing Everything Great about Rogue One, I shared Everything Wrong with Everything Great about Rogue One. Now, I’m sharing a video by the same channel as the second one that sinned his own Everything Wrong with Everything Great about Rogue One video. I’ll share the name of this and when that part of the video begins. He admitted in the comments of another video that it was a mistake to sin CinemaWins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrgXtfDQ13o (The resinneninging, part starts at 16:41)

Since I kept sharing the ten or less versions of the CSI: Miami theme songs, I thought that it would make sense for me to share the complete version of the song: Won’t Get Fooled Again. This is a lyric video of the song in question. I can’t tell by comparison where they get the theme song portion for the song or if they did an original, shorter version of the song for the TV show.


I’m not sure if I have that many thoughts before the finale. SPOILER. I heard that there will be a time jump in it at some point in time. Maybe this whole episode will take place in the future. END SPOILER. I hope that it is good. I’m just remembering that the How I Met Your Mother finale revealed little about the episode in the promo for it and it sucked. But there wasn’t much revealed in the promos for the series finale of The Big Bang Theory and that was pretty good. I guess I’ll see what happens. I mean, there might be a major spoiler in the beginning of the episode like in The Flash’s season 3 finale which is why they didn’t reveal much about it. I just hope that I can watch this all in good time.

The first act has us beginning with a newscast on a trial of Odin. Why are the tech guys always evil? The only except I can think of is Jason Bourne. Odin was found guilty and given a life sentence. Joan Watson talks about the case and how the supposed murder of Sherlock was a crime Odin was never charged with. Marcus comes in with a case. Watson sees a child that’s important in some way. Marcus is now captain of the NYPD.

Watson talks to a man at her house about Moriarty and learns that she is dead. Since Watson was named Sherlock’s sole heir, she is getting a mystery package from Moriarty. While talking to a friend named Lois, Watson wonders what to do regarding the case. Sherlock shows back up to her house and place where she lives. Someone is trying to kill Watson. She needs Sherlock’s help solving the case.

The second act has Sherlock talking about the mulled head stone of his. Watson was able to stage part of the crime scene to help plant the idea that he was dead. She was also mad at him for not contacting him before. Moriarty is still alive and in control of her criminal enterprise again. Sherlock has been taking on various identities and doing various cases throughout the world. Watson finds that the man who contacted her, the attorney, wound up dead. She arranges a meeting with Sherlock to talk more about the case. Also, the random child is one that she adopted. Sherlock tells Watson not to mention that she knows the victim.

Sherlock explains more about what he has been doing and why he stopped contacting Watson. He knew that she would always look out for him. He didn’t want her child in danger. Watson had told Tommy and Marcus that Sherlock was alive. This leads Marcus to punching him over this.

The third act has Marcus explaining that he is married now with a child. Tommy retired and his wife had died. The team was at the dead man’s house looking for clues to his murder. They talk to a man about the case. They are looking for a man named Adair. Sherlock looks through evidence with a card and tells Watson that he thinks someone other than Moriarty was behind this. Where did the card come from? Watson talks to a woman from Moriarty’s organization. She admits to killing this man, but also using Watson to learn more information that she otherwise wouldn’t have.

Adair was the name of the dead man, not a person of interest. He was killed by Moriarty’s people since he used her name in vein as if she’s some sort of god. While underground, Sherlock called Watson and loses the signal when he runs into the crooked NSA agent.

The fourth act has Sherlock expecting to talk to Odin instead of his agent. He was cleared from this as Odin wanted to keep the NSA out of it. This man wants to recruit Sherlock to be a government agent. Sherlock thinks that there is a catch. Can Sherlock keep being a ghost? Watson and Marcus talk to each other about what Sherlock has been up to lately. There is a secret that Watson is keeping.

Sherlock then shows up at her house. Elerey, Moriarty’s associate, knew too much about Sherlock’s adventures. He wants to take up McNelly’s (the NSA agent) offer in order to pit Moriarty’s evil organization against the one that Odin has. They both know that Sherlock is alive. Sherlock talks to Tommy and gives him a hug. Sherlock had or almost had a drug relapse. Tommy reveals the secret about Watson. He learned about the Talivech case. Watson has cancer. She will be starting chemo soon.

The fifth act has yet another time jump of one year with Moriarty having died during this time. McNelly talks to Sherlock about the offer Sherlock declined. Sherlock doesn’t regret not doing this time jump. We see him talking to Watson and wanting to prove that Moriarty is dead for sure. Watson wants to return to work and it seems that they are talking to Marcus about doing that together. Here the series ends with it unknown whether or not they are returning to work. Sherlock finds more proof that Moriarty is still alive and they need to hunt her down.

Here the series ends. I say that this is about a middle of the road or average series finale. It wasn’t that great an ending, but it wasn’t bad. I tend to like the “off to the next adventure” endings, if only not to hate certain series finales that end on cliffhangers or things like it. We never saw much of Odin in the last episode and I don’t know if that’s good or bad. It seemed to be mostly unrelated to other episodes which is kind of random. But I do like the ending.


Now what’s going to happen with this blog? Well, stay tuned to it as the posts are far from over. In fact, they have no current end date in sight. Pay attention as the next two Thursdays should each have a new post of this blog in it. You will then see a post at least once a month, but maybe not on Thursdays like you have been used to. Potential days of the week that you’ll see this blog on are on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. It could wind up on other days as well. Next will be a special send off post of it then I’ll get to doing something else. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment