Thursday, August 22, 2019

Elementary Send Off Post

Well, Elementary is over. There will never be another new episode of the show again. I’m glad at least that it ended well and on its own terms. I don’t think that it lasted too long and ran out of good ideas, nor was its time too short. It didn’t end on a cliffhanger or otherwise bad finale. Still, I feel like posting a song of lament for it. I give you The Soft Goodbye.


With this show ending, another will be sure to replace it. In fact, that has already sort of happened twice. It was a summer show this last season so I won’t know until June (or whenever the summer schedule is announced) what its final replacement will be. It was replaced at one point by Instinct. It was also sort of replaced by FBI. I’ll keep track of what replaces it in the future.

I’ve mentioned some of this before, but I can’t really do a proper send off post to this blog without also talking about some of the finale. I couldn’t exactly make sense of some of the finale. But I was able to get enough of it to consider it more middle of the road in terms of ending. It wasn’t one that will go down as one of the greatest, but it isn’t bad either. There were still two evil groups that still needed to be fought and Sherlock wanted to make sure he was fighting them. Thus, it is kind of open ended as most of the team would still continue the fight.

Something that I don’t quite understand is that Marcus was at one point going to be a Marshall, but they seemed to abandon that plot point with little to know explanation. Did I miss the resolution? Did he simply reject it and I missed when this happened? Why even bring it into the series as a plot point just to abandon it with little to know explanation?

Now even though this show is ending, the blog will continue. What would I do? Well, if you ever went to my CSI: Cyber blog like I suggested the two times this show and blog were both on hiatus, you would know that I was doing cast updates on the show. I’ll talk about any and all projects that the cast and man who created this show are doing now. I’ll do reviews where I can of new things.

Here’s the point of the blog now. It will cover Jonny Lee Miller, Lucy Liu, Aidan Quinn, Jon Michael Hill, John Nobel, Desmond Harrington, James Frain, and Robert Doherty. I do plan to add at least one person from the cast of CSI: Miami. I would post about Nelsan Ellis, but since he died and his last project has come out, there’s really no need to keep him in this blog at all. But this continued blog will be dedicated to his continued memory.



While I will be doing cast updates, also expect random posts in addition to cast updates. You will know in the next post what the cast updates are and are like. I’ll try to talk more about the Sherlock Holmes franchise, maybe doing reviews here and there of other things relating to Sherlock Holmes. I need to read The Hound of the Baskervilles sometime. I should keep track of which books I’m reading in what I call the rotation of books. The current four that I’m reading are The Sentinels, Deadly Heat, Amazonia, and The Silmarillion. If I added The Hound of The Baskervilles to the rotation, I may take out the others and just read that until I’m done with it.


This show has had a good run. I’m even a bit surprised that it lasted as long as it did. But I plan to be back at least once a month with cast updates. Expect them on Thursdays for now after the first Friday of each month. When it is posted might be subject to change depending on what other blogs might do as well. But I hope that you continue reading this blog if you want to and you will learn about what the cast of this show is doing. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment