Sunday, August 4, 2019

August 1st 2019’s Episode

As I’m writing this post, I’m unable to know for sure when I’m going to be able to post it. What I do know is that if I do the cast updates of this blog, the posts might no longer be on Thursdays. But I have a temporary job and this post might not be posted until Sundays. If you see me writing in the old font that I haven’t had to use since the show was on Sundays, that means that I joined the episode in progress. We’ll see when this is published.

Movie update: On Friday, I watched American Dreamz. I replaced that with Adventures in Babysitting. On Saturday, I watched Absolute Power. I was unable to replace that with anything. Thus, Tuesday’s list will now be on Saturday while Saturday’s list gets dissolved.

On Sunday, I watched Celtic Woman: Destiny. I had actually reviewed this the first time I saw this in my Madam Secretary blog. I’ll post a link to that blog post next. Now that I know the set list, I might as well post what it is. Destiny intro, Siúil A Rún, Ride On, The Whole of the Moon, The Hills of Ireland, You Raise Me Up, Sí do Mhaimeó í, How Can I Keep from Singing, Skyrim Theme (Dragonborn), My Land, Bean Pháidín, I See Fire, Isle of Innisfree, Tír na nÓg, Sometimes a Prayer Will Do, Amazing Race, Óró Sé Do Bheatha ‘Bhaile, Like an Angel Passing Through My Room, Walk Beside Me, The Butterfly, and Westering Home. I don’t think that I got it right in the blog post.


Celtic Woman: Destiny was replaced by The Lion King 1 ½ from Saturday’s old list. At this point, I’ll have to take a break from movie watching in general as I will just not have time for it since I’ll be doing a temp job that will take up a lot of time that I would normally spend watching movies. I should have another update in this blog before the show is over. Either that or it will be in my Madam Secretary blog in the first post of that season. I should post a reminder of where the list stands at some point before the end.

Something that I should tell you about is the Odin summons from the Final Fantasy series. I found what might be a good, quick video about it considering how I don’t really have the time to explain all of the summons from each of the games that he appeared in. I hope this is a good video in the meantime. I might have to find some other blog to post these summons in.


Now another video that seems simple at first and then gets a bit more complicated is Good Eleven. It explains the multiples of eleven. Thankfully, it doesn’t stop at 9x11 like it possibly could. You won’t see that good a multiple again until either 37 or 101.


So work ended up taking a long time and I don’t think that I would have been able to see the episode by the end of Thursday as I would have wanted to. This is why this is now published on Sunday instead. I know this will mess up my Good Fight blog, but that shouldn’t matter too much. Keep in mind that I will be doing this job next Thursday and then will be back to normal until it possibly changes again for more of a long term time than this. I won't know for sure myself when this blog will be posted in the future.

The first act has Watson explaining the Wesley case to Sherlock. She thinks that it wasn’t his fault. He points out to her that he had eyes on Wesley’s house and the feed cut. He thinks that Odin staged the scene to look like a murder suicide or otherwise cut something and kept it secret from them. Sherlock brings in his father, Morland, to help on the case.

The second act has Sherlock explaining more to Morland about what all had happened. Morland says that he has friends in high places that could help solve the case. Meanwhile, Odin talks to his associate, a woman whose name I don’t know, about some of what is going on. A Mr. Pringle talks to a person who wants him to be careful with his gun. Shouldn’t everyone be careful with them? Stuart Pringle decides to go in as bait, pretending to be a would be killer in order to be sought out by Odin.

Morland talks about his son to a woman. Sherlock is then seen with a woman who he captured before she could do harm to Stuart. Sherlock admits to inventing Stuart in order to lure her here. She had come with a gun and it made more sense as to why she was sort of kidnapped by him. Watson and a man look through her house in the meantime. They find more of what they need to in order to find out what was the way their crimes were done. They were using fake shopping to real addresses in order to explain to others what had gone on. Watson thinks that she found another victim.

The third act has Sherlock talking to the woman he kidnapped? He talks to her about a Talia that she had killed. There is blue blood (Fridays at 10/9 Central only CBS) that was able to link her to the crime. He wants to help her due to the problems she now has. Back at his home, Watson throws tissue paper around on camera. I have no idea why. They talk more about how to take down the big bad. What is with the crab blood anyways? They seem to use it a lot in this episode. Why did Odin want to take out Talia anyways? They don’t quite know just yet. Someone gives Odin an ultimatum: he has to resign from his company in order to get half of the world to join it. Sherlock realizes after researching more of the case that Talia was killed in order for Odin to make more money.

The fourth act has Marcus talking to Sherlock more about the cases. Odin comes to see Sherlock at the precinct. Odin didn’t want to be recorded. He explains that he shouldn’t be forced out of Odkor since he uses it to save lives. Odin claims that Talia’s death was to save more lives. Sherlock is convinced that she was an innocent life. Watson then talks to the captive woman. Was she convinced that Talia was a bad person when she wasn’t? Sherlock talks to Morland about the case and other things. Morland claims that he always comes. This can’t be true as a recurring theme in early seasons was that he never shows. I wasn’t even sure he would show up in the show.

The possibly captive woman is emotional explaining some of what had gone on. She might have been manipulated in some way into doing what she did. Was it like how Bobby Malone died? They want her to go forward to the police about Talia’s death and two others that she was assigned. Morland talks to the woman from earlier. He is able to deduce that she is now on Odin’s side.

The fifth act is when Sherlock talks to Tommy. We haven’t seen enough of him and Marcus this episode. Sherlock finally tells Tommy about the Odin case. Tommy blames himself for what went on since he was the one who got shot. Sherlock sees Marcus and Watson together. Morland is dead.


On the next Elementary, I can’t gather much from the promo. It seems that Sherlock wants to plan a murder of his own. A real one? I hope not. You’d think that they would solving Morland’s death for sure in it, even though it wouldn’t be too hard to figure out that Odin or one of his associates would be the one responsible. I guess we’ll have to wait until next week for the penultimate episode of this show to air. For now, this is Adam Decker, signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment